Real Estate Careers
There are many opportunities for those interested in pursuing a career in the real estate industry. A career in real estate can be very rewarding but, as with any career choice, your decision to pursue real estate requires careful consideration.
The majority of realtors in BC are selling real estate, managing properties, or providing trading services. That being said, real estate offers a wide variety of specialties from residential and/or commercial sales to property and strata management, investment real estate to land development, counselling and research to mortgage financing and appraisals.
Royal LePage Black Tusk Realty understands that our success depends on the success of our agents and brokers. We provide a supportive network where new and experienced agents can learn and grow while enjoying the all the benefits of a Squamish lifestyle.
Qualities of a Good Real Estate Agent
- They have a genuine interest in people and exceptional social skills
- They have good interpersonal communication skills
- They are life-long learners
- They have strong computer skills
- They are able to work long, and sometimes irregular, hours
- They are mature, determined and enthusiastic
- They have effective time management and organizational skills
- They are self motivated, passionate and persistent
- They are accountable for their own results
- They handle stress well and are able to multi-task
- They have an interest in law, marketing and economics
How Do I Become Licensed?
In BC, realtors are required to complete comprehensive educational and practical requirements. It is expected that individuals will take up to one year to complete all educational requirements. Once licensed, realtors can upgrade their licence level and/or category by completing further education.
For more information on a career with Royal LePage Black Tusk Realty please contact us and ask for the managing broker.